Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Welcome to my perfect imperfect life ...

It's taken me a really long time to become comfortable with myself - close to 50 years in fact - but I can actually say that I am pretty happy with my life and myself. I don't have a perfect life and I'm far from a perfect person but I love the life I have created.

This blog will share my loves, passions, lessons, and interests - everything from yarn crafts, cooking, travel, painting, writing, reading, thoughts, tips, and tricks to creating a life I feel comfortable living.

A little bit about me to introduce myself. I'm a mom, a friend, a teacher, a learner, a wife, a dog lover, a cook, a traveler, a dreamer, a reader, a listener, a connector, a creator, an environmentalist, who is passionately curious about the world around me. I love learning and I love helping others learn.

Always wanting to complete a university degree, I went back to formal school when my daughter started kindergarten. I started at the local community college with a couple of courses and this ignited my passion for learning. Since that time, 1999, I have completed an undergraduate degree in English Literature, a Masters degree in Library and Information Science, and am working on a diploma program, the Provincial Instructor's diploma, and a second Masters degree in Children's Literature.

Alongside of school, with the support of my amazing husband, I have worked at an out of the home job and raised my family. Often people comment, I don't know how you do it! The truth is I have a lot of support and I have learned a lot of tricks along the way. But like all things, it came with a cost. For me that was internalized stress and constantly striving to be perfect and losing the ability to relax and being too hard on myself. It's taken me a long time to start to figure it all out and have some balance, my sincerest hope is that this blog may help make someone else's life a little bit better, easier, more comfortable - not perfect but imperfectly beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment