Friday, 27 November 2015

Building My Dream Craft Room

I've been a crafter for years. I love the idea that you can start with almost nothing and make something. My grandmother taught me to crochet and embroider as a child. I am not a great seamstress, usually more "stress" than anything else, but I do try to make homemade pj's for my family most Christmases. And I was hit hard by the scrap-booking craze when my children were little. Recently, I fell in love with chalk paint and painting furniture. The space scrap booking needs compared to this is nothing. And now I have inherited my mom's collection of stained glass and tools. The trouble is most crafting takes space -- space to store all your materials and a space to work. Space has been at a premium, that was until my nest emptied of children.

We are working on building my dream craft room. After asking my son, if I could use his old room, we started by painting it yellow. My favourite colour for a room but one my husband is less than fond of.

It's quite a big room with loads of angles so painting it was a big job.






And unknown to me, yellow is a difficult colour to get to cover.


After two coats of paint, we were still not completely satisfied with the walls.

The idea of my craft room was not only to have a space to work on projects and store materials, but also to have a place to showcase my crafting work. The goal for this room is to organize my "stuff" and to put the room together at a minimum cost by either re-purposing things I already have or to take thrift store finds and revive them.

I hope that you will follow my posts and see how my craft room comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment