The colour I chose next to work with is a light greyish blue. I'm not sure how I ended up with so much of this yarn in my stash but I had a great idea on how to use it up. There are two types of days in northern British Columbia Januarys, either frightfully cold with the most amazing crisp blue skies and a thick hoar frost on trees or skies full of soft grey clouds overflowing with snowflakes just waiting to come tumbling down in the fattest, fluffiest flakes you can imagine -- snowflakes that call to you to stick out your tongue to catch. So the next piece I chose to do was snowflakes on a "background" of greyish blue. The rows are quite basic, just rows of hdc and dc but the snowflakes were fun to do. However, as you can likely see from the picture, I've procrastinated stitching them on.
Row 16: Chain 2 (counts as first hdc), turn and hdc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Row 17: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Row 18: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Row 19: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Row 20: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Row 21: Chain 2 (counts as first hdc), turn and hdc in each stitch across row. (Light greyish blue)
Snowflakes: I chose to do Snowflake 2 from Beautiful Crochet Stuff website, found at: http://beautifulcrochetstuff.com/5-free-crochet-snowflake-patterns/.
I made 10 snowflakes with the intent of spacing them out but i will admit to not having stitched them on yet. you could choose any snowflake pattern that appeals to you or even create a random flurry mirroring nature and making each snowflake unique. There are tons of patterns available on Pinterest.

No comments:
Post a Comment