There are so many that it is hard to choose. My best dancing years were in the 80's. I was young, single, and went to the local club dancing almost every night. To this day, 80's music makes me start to wiggle in my seat - in fact, one day at work, a colleague caught me chair dancing to 80's pop hits, likely one hit wonders, with my headphones on. I was more than slightly embarrassed but the song in my heart and in my head was alive. I still feel like that twenty-something girl, bangs clinging to my sweaty forehead, feeling on top of the world.
In 1983, the Kinks song called to all of us to Come Dancing ...
So I invite you to come dancing with me for the month of March. As much as I love the Kinks' song, the current song that has me dancing at my desk is You Get What You Give by the New Radicals (another oldie that recently popped into my thoughts - not sure how - maybe it was Desert Island Discs but more on that later). For the other thing I've never lost is that teenage girl play it over and over tendency.
And remember ...
You've got the music in you, don't let go.
You've got the music in you, one dance left,
This world is gonna pull through, don't give up,
You've got a reason to live, can't forget
We only get what we give.
No comments:
Post a Comment