I had this scrap of yarn in my stash that reminded me so much of the Northern lights which we are often fortunate enough to see in this area. The scraps were from a mermaid tail I crocheted for my cousin's daughter last fall.
Row 32: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Greenish blue)
Row 33: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Greenish blue)
Row 34: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Greenish blue)
I love the ideas of incorporating a variety of textures into the blanket. I have always wanted to try Patons Silk Bamboo. It feels so nice to the touch and has such a rich beautiful sheen to it. The navy is the perfect match for the northern night sky. The yarn is a bit lighter weight than what I had been using so I felt I should double it -- crocheting with two strands gave me two rows of hdc.
Row 35: Chain 2 (counts as first hdc), turn and hdc in each stitch across row. (Navy blue)
Row 36: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Cream)
Row 37: Chain 2 (counts as first hdc), turn and hdc in each stitch across row. (Navy blue)
The temperature has started to touch above zero so I have started to work in green -- the colour I have chosen to use for temperatures between zero and 10 degrees Celsius. This constitutes a very early spring for us or maybe just a patch of warm weather.
Row 38: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row. (Light green)
Row 39: Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row to attach the granny squares (Dark green)
I will be away in Hawaii for the 2nd half of February and so I wondered if I should stick with the weather and temperatures in Prince George while I am away or whether I should use the Hawaiian temperatures. And how to I continue to work on what is becoming a large project and still have some space to pack some clothes. Solution: I will maintain the colours consistent with the temperatures at home and I will add a row of granny squares. This way I can still work on the project AND leave the project at home. Although it might not be accurate, I decided that one square would count as one row (one square = one row).
I just used a basic granny square pattern but it was a bit tricky to figure out how many stitches I would need the finished granny square to be and how many granny squares I would need to go the length of the project.
Row 40-54 - Granny square pattern
Row 55 - Chain 3 (counts as first dc), turn and dc in each stitch across row to attach the granny squares (Medium green)
No comments:
Post a Comment