Tuesday, 22 March 2016

March Music Challenge - Day 14

As Billy Ocean told us in 1986, There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry), which leads us to the challenge song for Day 14 to name a song that makes you cry.

We all have songs that make us cry - there are youtube and Spotify playlists for just that reason. The song that makes me cry isn't about a boy but it is about a lost love -- my mom. Shortly after she died, a friend introduced me to this song by Jann Arden and told me that it reminded her of my mom and I -- All the Days. And to this day it is truly hard for me to hear that song without tearing up a little. It's the lyrics that get me every time especially the line about how "all of me, is inside of you / Though I’m gone, I’m like a song that sings and sighs and coos". 

There's only one youtube video with the song -- I've actually thought about making my own video of my mom set to the music. 

All the Days

When I am old, I’ll think of all the hearts I broke to be here, with you
When I am grey and somewhat vague and too confused, I know I’ll still remember you the very most
And all the days will wrap around our fingers
They’ll hang around our hearts like bits of stars
And all the tears we counted all the memories that we thought would linger disappear, they disappear

When I lay down, and close my eyes to see if Jesus died for me
And that there is a God
I’ll wait for you beyond the lights where darkness fights to keep the sun from coming up
And all the days will wrap around our fingers
They’ll hang around our hearts like bits of stars
And all the tears we counted all the memories that we thought would linger disappear, oh they disappear

Can’t you see, that all of me, is inside of you
Though I’m gone, I’m like a song that sings and sighs and coos
When I’m old, I’ll sift through all the words I spoke, and picture all our happy times
I’ll kiss your face and think about the life we made with all our might, with all that love

And all the days will wrap around our fingers
They’ll hang around our hearts like bits of stars
And all the tears we counted all the memories that we thought would linger disappear

Oh, they disappear




No comments:

Post a Comment