I have fallen so far behind in this challenge so now my challenge is to catch up.
The challenge for today, Day 12, is a guilty pleasure.
Wikipedia (oh, no, not Wikipedia!), defines a guilty pleasure as something, such a movie, a television program, or a piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard. In other words, low brow rather than high brow.
BUT that's the whole point of this challenge! The whole point of this blog! This whole music challenge is one guilty pleasure after another -- but you know what if you love a song -- just love it! Loving my perfect imperfect life means that I have finally learned to just be myself and that includes owning the fact that I love music from the Disco days to the pop hits of the 80's to Top 40 hits of today, I love jazz, an alternative, and country music. Oldies, newbies, boy bands, duos.
When I googled guilty pleasure songs I found this article by Complex Magazine, "50 Awesome Guilty Pleasure Songs We're Ashamed to Like (But Not Really)" and a number of the songs that they list are some of my favourites such as "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies, "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips, "I Melt with You" by Modern English, and "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals.
So here is "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies and to make it even more guilty I chose the video from the Bathroom Sessions.
So what's your guilty pleasure?

No comments:
Post a Comment