So the Day 3 challenge is to list the last song on your music library and Day 4 is a song from the soundtrack of your favourite movie.
The last song on my iPod is 1973 by James Blunt. I haven't actually listened to this song for a long time so it was a treat to play it again today. While the song isn't particularly nostalgic for me, it's about nostalgia -- the idea of the glory days, lost loves, and aging. The song that Blunt references, Here We Go Again, is also somewhat nostalgic taking back a lost love. That's one of the beautiful things about music is its ability to take us back in time.
The Day 4 challenge is trickier for me because I have so many favourites that I'm fickle with favourites. One of my favourite songs of the moment is from movie (not my favourite movie as it's about a subject painfully close to my heart -- dysfunctional families), Last Mile Home by the Kings of Leon. I actually thought this was an old song but it was written for the movie, August, Osage County. It's a brilliant song and I love the guitar music so much that I often play it in the car with the windows shut and music so loud that the guitar dictates the beat of my heart. The song conjures up for me that last couple of miles into Nelson, BC. (the place my heart has always called home).
But I guess I would have to say that my favourite movie is Love Actually. It has that Dickensian story line that appeals to me so much. Taking multiple lives and connecting and intertwining them together but knits them all up into a nice tidy ending. And I would have to say that despite the great soundtrack my favourite song is Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell.
No comments:
Post a Comment